Lower stomach pain, bleeding and pain in breast. Very severe. What do you advice?

Hello Doctor,

I am writing this on behalf of my wife who is suffering some pain. This is having lower stomach ache and some bleeding and some pain in the breast. What could this be due to. Any advise on the same?
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 22 hours later

From your history it is not clear whether or not your wife is having her periods currently.

1. If she is in her periods now, the complaints which she has are common and nothing to worry. Give her antispasmodic tablets such as metal and she will feel ok. You can avail metal using a prescription from your doctor. In addition hot compresses and rest will give added benefits.

2. But if she is not in period, the symptoms of lower abdominal pain, bleeding and pain in the breast suggests some hormonal imbalance and requires investigations including test for pregnancy. Consult your gynaecologist and he/she will carry investigations like ultrasound of abdomen/pelvis, pregnancy test and other blood tests.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have any further query, please post your queries here; I will be happy to help you.