Lower back pain with bloating sensation at the end of period. What is causing this?

Am ending my period and now having lower back pains more on the left side and cramps that feel like period pain also bloating in my belly
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later

Your symptom of cramps and lower back pain with bloating sensation at the end of pregnancy suggests Endometriosis.
Endometriosis is the abnormal growth of cells (similar to those of inside of the uterus), in a location outside of the uterus. Endometriosis most commonly involves your ovaries.

Tests to check for the clues of endometriosis include:
1. Physical examination by doctor.
3 Laproscopy.

Treatment includes pain killers and hormonal therapy.

I recommend you to have warm baths and a heating pad which can help relax pelvic muscles, reducing cramping and pain.
Consult your Gynecologist to pin point the cause of endometriosis and suggest treatment protocol.

Early diagnosis and treatment has good prognosis . Therefore you need not worry.

Hope this answers your query. You can write to me anytime for further queries.
Dr Nilofer