Low protein levels, low RBC level. What can I do to increase these? Blood in urine.

I Have low protein levels/ low RBC what can I do to increase THESE I also have blood in urine all the time even with no UTI found
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Low levels of protein with decreased RBC count mainly indicates anemia. Taking iron supplements along with a high protein diet can help you regain your health. You need to consult your physician to see if parenteral iron therapy is needed or oral supplements will be sufficient.
Passing blood in urine without any detectable infection could be indicative of renal stones. You can get an ultrasound scan of abdomen done to find out the cause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.