Low grade fever, headaches in child. Family history of multiple sclerosis. Is this immune disorder?

Question
My 10 year old daughter has had problems within the last year with low grade fevers and headaches. She has missed tons of school. Sometimes she sounds stuffy, sometimes not. I'm at wits end. Her pediatrician wants to do blood work but wants to wait until she dosent have a fever. She ALWAYS has one, about 99.7, with headache above her eyebrows. I'm so afraid. I have M.S. and am afraid she may have a immune disorder also. HELP!
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

I advice you to follow as physician says. As you have mentioned your daughter has on and off fever and which is chronic it should be evaluated.

She might be suffering from sinusitis that may be responsible for headache i advice you along with blood work, X XXXXXXX PNS can be done to confirm sinusitis.

I advice you not to panic and decide on your own, do the tests then the cause can be traced and treated. Your daughter should be fine.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Low grade fever, headaches in child. Family history of multiple sclerosis. Is this immune disorder? 15 hours later
She has been on Amoxicillin 500 mg twice a day for five days now. Her ear was enflamed a little but thats all the pediatrician can find. He wants to wait until she has no fever to do blood work but she always has a fever. This all started when she had her appendix removed in February 2011. I am just so afraid. She is being robbed of her childhood and the doctors just act like its no big deal. She missed almost half of the school year because of the headaches and lowgrade fever. Could something be wrong with her immune system? I myself have M.S. and of course always worry about this. I have 2 older daughters 32 and 25. I never had anything like this happen, ever. Thank you so much for trying to help me. I feel like a horrible mother. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 20 hours later
Hello
Good to hear from you.

First of all i advice you to be calm and don't get depressed.

Tests can be run when one will have fever, it will better if you speak with your doctor about this.

It should be evaluated. i advice you for CBC, urine routine , culture and sensitivity of urine and blood, P S for MP to rule out malaria, widal for typhoid. She will be fine.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.