Low BP, have not had water pill. Can I take a Benicar until I get Furosamide?

My blood pressure is 138 over 107 I have not had my water pill for three dayscan i take a benicar hct until I get furosamideblood pressure
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 3 hours later

Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX

After going through your query , I would like to comment the following:

1. At the age of 86 you are a diagnosed case of systemic hypertension.

2. Currently you have run out of furosemide since 3 days and your current blood pressure is 138/107 mm of Hg. Your lower BP (107) is raised and is currently a cause of concern.

3. Currently you can take benicar hct (20 +12.5 mg) once daily.If the BP is not controlled with this dosage then the dose can be increased to (40+25 mg) once daily, under supervision of physician. However monitoring of bp is required regularly. Also once you start this combination , you need to stop benazaprel (since this group of drug is present in benicar hct combination).

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra