Loss of power in lower limbs after lying on back for three hours

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Loss of power in lower limbs can be due to many reasons. It can be due to nerve root compression - degenerative disc disease, motor neuron problem or a cerebral disorder.
A thorough neurological examination and investigations like MRI of head and spine, nerve conduction studies, etc are needed to find out the exact cause.
I encourage you to consult a neurophysician for necessary investigations and further treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.