Loss of appetite, abdominal pain, joint pain and losing weight. What is the disease?

General Surgeon
i lost eight pounds in a week. loss of appetite,abdominal pain and now pain in my back of right kidney and upper left back. I also habe some low back pain. i had a cat scan of abdomen with contrast, ultrasound,chest xray amd cbc and asylame tests that all came up negative. I also have pain in my joints and right upper arm. This week I was diagnosed with c diff and found a small marker for crohns disease. i wake up in the middle of the night with sweats sometime. could there be something underlying? I feel horrible.
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Joints pain and abdominal pain are often caused by Crohns disease. And so is weight lost. However right and left back pains are more characteristic for urianry tract infections. Night sweats can indicate fever or some serious disease like Crohns or cancer.
Your diagnostics is missing some tests which are very important. First of all you should have colonoscopy performed (C.Difficile, Crohns disease and colon cancer should be diagnosed in this way). Moreover, if no findings in this tests, upper GI endoscopy should be done as well.
I assume that you ahve been prescribed with Metronidazole for C.Difficile infection?

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.