Looking for opinion on my seminal analysis report

Infertility Specialist
Please, I need your help to solve my infertile live, below is my report:

Seminal Fluid Analysis

Macroscopical Ex. Abstention period: 3 days

-Volume: 3 ml Reaction: Alkaline Odor: Musty

-Color &Consistency: Whfish, fluid after liquefaction

- liquefaction time in minutes: 30 normal

Microscopical Ex.

-Count: 56*ml
- 70% normal morphology
- Count in specimen: 168 ml

15% Active

10% Sluggish

75% Immotile

Other findings: (3-4) HP
Comment: Necrospermia

before 8 months i took Glovit, proviron and speman tablets, then after 2 months, i repaired the left testicle varicocele, after that i waited 4 months, and then i went to the Laboratory, the result was as i mentioned above, I've been married for 2 years and no pregnancy, thanks to Dr.Koregol who inspired me when he said no problem with the report above, but when will we conceive?? Now my doctor told me to take the Pregnyl 5000 I.U. (4 injections) every week I should inject one, my question is Pregnyl good for me? The female doctor of my wife told her that I should take 20 Inestom oral injections with juice, so I'm really confused, Pregnyl or Inestom??? In concern to my wife, my wife's two eggs are perfect, thank you very much for answering my long query.

In addition, right now I'm taking the oral injection of Inestom (L-Carnitine) with juice, bot i'm really pessimistic about it, and i see Pregnyl 5000 u.i. is better, but i'm waiting for you to tell me???
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us again.

I am happy that my reply to previous query has helped you to get relieved and comeout of tension.

You don't seem to have any major problem in your semen report. All you have is Asthenospermia (low motility) and few dead sperms (Necrospermia). The good news is that this is a minor problem. It can be corrected easily. Please follow my advice written below:

1) Pregnyl / Prognova injections are hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormone containing injections. If I were to be treating you, I would not suggest you to take pregnyl injections as you don't have any major illness so as to need hormone injections.

2) You can take L- Carnitine which will improve your sperm counts as well as motility and treat Asthenospermia. I believe inestom consists of L-carnitine and can be used.

3) Take it for 2 months and repeat semen analysis in a standard laboratory.

This is in response to your condition. In addition, please follow my advice for evaluation of your wife for early pregnancy:

1) Get the following blood tests for your wife on second day of menstrual cycle: FSH, LH, AMH, TSH, Prolactin (Fasting). These will give idea of many issues.

2) Get tubal patency test hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to confirm tubal patency. This is important is getting pregnant.

I hope I answered your query I will be available for any follow up query you have.

With warm regards,

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Looking for opinion on my seminal analysis report 2 hours later
what should i say, thank you is not enough, doctor, i wish you gook luck and success in your career, i will keep visiting this website, again thank you
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 59 minutes later