Looking for a diet plan

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I need some guidance / advise to set up a diet plan
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Grace Abraham 11 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

It would be good if you can give us more information of what type of diet plan you are looking for from us. Please mention your goal for the diet plan (wt gain / wt loss / muscle building) along with your details of your height, weight, age, waist size and also your routine eating pattern.
We will revert back to you as soon as possible after we receive details from you.

Grace Abraham

Follow-up: Looking for a diet plan 7 hours later
I am male 28 yrs old , 5 feet 4 inch tall . Waist line is 30.5 inches and weighing 132 pounds . I have fat in upper body , so I am planning to tone up reducing the fat and increasing a bit of muscle mass.

I am planning to start a 60 min excercise routine which will include weight training and 10 mins of cardio.

Currently I dont have a fixed diet routine

Breakfast around 8:00 am - 3 boiled egg whites , one cup of Yogurt with 4 spoons of silvered almonds .

around 11:00 am , sometimes I take a fruit applle , banana

Lunch at around 1:00 am mostly salad combination of (tuna , crab meat in mayo , spinach in vinegar, walnuts and almonds , one sliced boiled eggs )

My main difficulty is by 5:30 pm i feel hungry and feel tired for the workout that I am currently doing (which is random but I try to put in atleast 30 mins ) , I am not sure what to eat . I tried eating a fruit or something , but it does not suffice.

usually I eat a nuture valley bar but I dont feel its enough to energize me to do a full scale workout .

For dinner around 9:00 pm I eat approx 250 gm Chicken breast.

this diet I am following last three months I hardly see any change , because of the fat i cant see my muscle and looks flabby . I hardly see any improvement in my strength and endurance.

My Goal is to cut down fat and improve muscle definition .
I am planning to take whey protein pre and post workout , and also a fat burner . First of all I would like to know is it safe to use these things , any long / short term side effects ?. I would like to know your opinion about the safest and best brands for these products .

I need your advise in developing a diet plan to achieve my goal .I am targeting Body fat percentage around 11- 12%.

Thanks for your help
Answered by Grace Abraham 15 hours later

According to height and weight, Your BMI is 22.9, which is normal.

A diet high in protein helps to build muscles, not fat. But choose foods which are high in protein and low in fat in order to gain muscle mass.

First hour after a workout is considered the body's "golden hour XXXXXXX A post-workout meal or drink is important in replacing fluids lost through sweating to rehydrate the body. Replacement of glycogen stores, fluids, and potassium should start within 30 minutes after exercise to promote a quick recovery of the muscles.

Your post workout meal needs to contain 2 things, protein and carbohydrate.

Some suggestions can be:
•Dried fruit and nuts
•Fruit OR Vegetable juice along with Chicken or Paneer or Vegetable sandwiches (preferably brown bread)
•Veggie omelet with toast or roll
•Chocolate milk
•Cereal with milk
•Eggs and toast
•A protein or energy bar
•A protein or energy shake

You should NOT be eating fat. Fat slows down digestion. It would also be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbohydrate that you had after the work out.
Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken in your diet.

Avoid junk foods like oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, saturated sweets,but substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich, boiled pulses like rajma, chole, paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches, dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi which are high in protein.

Try to have more complex carbohydrate foods which has fiber, and will help to absorb the fat from the body and comes out. Choose cereals like wheat, jowar, ragi or broken wheat instead of rice. Include them in your breakfast, lunch & dinner along with more vegetable preparations. Restrict on mayo sauce or cheese or butter, as it is high in fat.

Choose high protein foods which are available naturally. Animal sources such as milk, milk products, meats and eggs are complete sources of protein. Vegetable proteins are incomplete and need to be combined with other foods to be complete. For example, grains and lentil (dal and chapatti /rice), nuts or seeds with grains, nuts or seeds with legumes; are excellent vegetarian protein sources.
Protein found in common food:
Milk (1 cup) - 8 grams of protein
Yogurt (1 cup) - 8 grams of protein
Egg white ( 1 ) - 7 grams of protein
Peanut butter and bread (1 slice) - 6 grams of protein
Chicken breast (3,5 ounces) - 30 grams of protein

Hope I answered your query

Grace Abraham