Looking a diet plan for weight loss

Dec 2012

hello i need to lose weight and it's very hard to start not sure which diet is better nowadays , i heard of the Mayo clinic Diet and the 3 hour Diet ,but are they safe
i ma a bit puzzled but i have never been on a diet i am not sure , after 3 pregancies and my Frame is only 5 ft 3inches and 203 pounds it becoming a burden ,please help me make safe choice and thank you.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to help you with your help query,

According to your BMI you have obesity with an index of 36 and so you are right to want to loose weight as weight on its own could be problematic to your health.
The Mayo Clinic diet/weight loss plan is good and I will recommend it (as they follow basically the standards for loosing weight intentionally). The basic rule is to gradually reduce daily caloric intake and fat (lipid/cholesterol) while doing daily exercises about 3 times weekly for 30-45 minutes of intense exercises. Calorie-restriction strategies are one of the most common dietary plans. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), healthy individuals seeking to maintain their weight should consume 2,000 calories per day. So you should step down below 2,000 calories per day. You should keep a balance diet how ever.
Working with a health care provider how ever (a dietician) is recommended and you should not do this alone. You can enroll in a gym with an instructor with experience in diet and fitness.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.

Dr. Nsah