Lips chalky white in color, not dry but white. Causes ?

My son's lips are always chalky white and I was wondering what the possible causes could be..not dry but white
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 7 hours later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) How old is your Son?
2.) Since how long does he have this problem?
3.) Is the whiteness there on whole of the lips or on the borders?
4.)Does he have any history of any medical illness?
5.)Does he have history of anemia?

It would have been better, if you could send me the Photograph focussing on your son's lips and also face. Your History suggests he has Fordyce's spots.

These are sebaceous glands without hair follicles and they are not at all harmless and do not require any treatment. Get him examined by a Dermatologist and get his/her opinion so that other causes could be ruled out.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish him Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.