Lesions and patches on the back and throat. Is it possible to get genital warts inside the mouth?

i was wondering if you can get genital warts inside of the mouth and down the back of your throat? also i have a lesion or bump in the back of my throat behind that thing that hangs down. you can only see it when i yawn. its the same color as my throat. i am scared its something serious? please help?
i also have white patches down my throat too. io do know if its a infection or not.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

I understand your query and concern.
Viral warts can occur in the places u have mentioned, though quite rare.
It can be something else as well and you probably noticed it only now, for example enlarged tonsils or other growth in that area.
An ENT consultation and laryngoscopy with or without biopsy only would be able to clinch the diagnosis.
Hope I answered. Kindly get back for doubts, if any.

Follow-up: Lesions and patches on the back and throat. Is it possible to get genital warts inside the mouth? 18 hours later
thanks. it helped me. could it be oral thrush or a viral infection. i dont have any other bumps in my mouth, just befind my thing that hangs down. so can you get warts inside your mouth or is it really rare.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for the reply.
Viral Warts can occur in those areas. Thrush is usually associated with white, thick,curdy discharge.
Both can be associated with conditions with reduced body resistance to infection, for example,like diabetes.
Kindly get checked-----. Write back for doubts, if any. i am glad to answer.
Pls accept my answer if there are no further queries.