Leg muscle cramps, had kidney infection. Cause?

I have had a kidney infection for 2 weeks and now I am having muscle cramps in my legs what could be causing this?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 22 minutes later

Kidney infection can sometimes result is muscular spasm.Its due to triggering of the pain site in the brain due to the level of injury.The best way to deal with the spasms is by daily stretch exercise.Some medications is available for pain relief but none of these are absolute.The root cause of the pain needs to be treated,in this case,its the kidney infection. Continue the medications you are already taking and that should help with the symptoms.Plenty of water intake.Motion exercises as advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.