Left the blue tip on the monistat applicator. Will it expel on its own?

Mar 2016

I left the blue tip on the monistat applicator.Will it expel on it's own?
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 39 minutes later

No, it does not expel on its own on removal of blue tip of monistat applicator.

Correct Method: 1) Take the cap off the tube of medicine (monistat) and screw on the applicator.

2) Squeeze the medicine into the applicator slowly until the plunger reaches the prescribed dose. Remove the applicator from tube of medicine and put the cap back on tube.

3) Lie on your back with your knees bent. Hold the applicator in one hand. Put the applicator inside your vagina (like tampon) as far as you can.

4) Slowly press the plunger until it stops. Remove the applicator and rinse.

Hope, it helps for you. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and maintain genital hygiene.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Left the blue tip on the monistat applicator. Will it expel on its own? 57 minutes later
The blue tip is in me.I neglected to remove it before expressing the medication. Now what,will it just come out of me naturally?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 32 minutes later

Thanks for giving additional information.

If blue tip of the medicine tube is stuck inside the vagina, possibly it would not come out by its own or naturally.

However, you can use your index finger after proper washing. Insert your finger inside vagina and try to bend slightly of your tip of finger to hook the cap/ tip & pull it out. Your finger must reach up to cervix to expel out the tip. If you can't get the tip/ cap out on your own, you will need to go to your doctor or ER for the same.

Hope, above information will be very helpful to you. If you do not have any other query, you can close the discussion.

Be well and stay healthy. Good luck.

Dr Soumen