Left flank pain with nausea and weakness radiating to shoulder and back area. What could it be?

Dec 2012

I have left flank pain with nausea and weakness/ dizziness. Pain radiating to back shoulder area.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 6 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Left flank pain could be due to a good number of reasons but the most likely is kidney infection or nephritic colic/ kidney stone. You will need that a urine test, blood test, kidey ultrasound be done in order to confirm or rule out my suspicion. I suggest that you go to the ER as soon as possible in order to get immediate medical attention.

Hope this helps

Dr. Nsah