Left breast areola swollen, painful to touch. What is the reason and remedy?

I am male. my left breast areola (on the lower side) is swollen and is paining when pressed/touched. What is the reason & what is remedy clinical & home remedy.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 13 hours later

Thank you for contacting me.

The pain in left areolar portion could be due to nodular type gynecomastia. It results from an imbalance in hormones due to the ageing process. The normal treatment is testosterone replacement if there is low level. But in homeopathy the treatment is based upon the totality of symptoms. There are some common homeopathy medicines that you can try:

1. Apis mel- 30 - liquid dilution- 2 to 3 drops every 2 hourly 5 times in a day for 5 days.

2. Belladona - 30 - Liquids dilution - 2 to 3 drops at a time jsut after 5 minutes of taking belladona every 2 hourly 5 times for 5 days

3. Calcarea carb- 1M - liquid dilution - 2 to3 drops at a time once daily at morning for 7 days

4. Silicea-1M - liquid dilution - 2 to3 drops at a time once daily at evening for 7 days.

Let me know if you feel better after 7 days.

Thank you