Leaking of semen without sexual excitement. Causes?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am 45 yrs male........last 2 days i am having sperm leak thru out the day...its involuntary and without any excitement.....its not even noticed till i go to urinate.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Leaking of semen without any sexual excitement can occur on and off. Keep good hygiene, avoid unprotected sex, wash with antiseptic soap after sex and urination. Watch for a week. It should reduce in a week. If not, then you will probably need antibiotics. If any time there is burning, see your doctor immediately.

Normal semen has a chlorine like smell. If there is any bad or foul odor coming from the semen or there is any change in the consistency or color of semen then it indicates infection. This infection can be due to urethritis, prostatitis, balanitis (infection of the foreskin) or epidiymitis ( less likely if there is no redness or inflammation of testicles).

You should consult your primary care doctor and get a culture swab of the urethra and semen done to rule out any infection. Till that time, retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. Wear cotton clothes and use as mild soap like Cetaphil for cleaning the penis.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Leaking of semen without sexual excitement. Causes? 16 hours later
The semen is sometimes dark yellow and some times white.............i also have some white coating always on the penis which i have to clean ..this is since many many years...seems some growth....i think this is spreading to my other body parts and there also white itchy patches with hairloss have been noticed.....can u help...

Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The white itchy growth is likely to be due to a fungal infection. Applying cotrimazole ointment can provide temporary relief. Systemic antifungal drugs are needed to avoid recurrence and hair loss in the area.
The change in color of semen is suggestive of infection. You need to get the swab from penile secretions cultured to know the type of infection you are having.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.