Late periods, light pink spotting, medium flow. Pregnancy tests negative. Is it possible that I am pregnant?

I am 9 days late for my period. I had light pink spotting 3 days before I ovulated and a light medium flow which lasted a day 6 days before period was due. I have done 2 tests both negative. Is it possible I am pregnant and how long does it take to show up on a test?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later

If you have done 2 urine pregnancy tests and both are negative then probably you are not pregnant.
To confirm this you can get a Beta HCG (HumanChorionic Gonadotropin) blood test for pregnancy done as it is the diagnostic test and if that is negative you are surely not pregnant.
Beta HCG test can be seen positive as early as 8-9 days after ovulation.
The urine pregnancy test can be positive from 10-15 days post conception.
If the Beta HCG is negative then you are not pregnant.
Then the cause for not getting menses and having spotting can be hormonal imbalance.
The other symptoms of pregnancy are nausea,vomiting,increased frequency of urine,breast tenederness,fatigue,dizziness etc.
See if you have any of these symptoms.

Please write back if I have missed on any of your concerns.
In case you don't have any queries please accept this answer.