Large follicles present in ovaries. Am I pregnant?

My Report says that BILATERAL OVARIES are normal in size and show multiple small follicles..
My Right ovary shows a largest follicle measuring 11.6MM and my left ovary shows a largest follicle measuring 7.9MM
I want to know whether it says am I pregnant or not...
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

From the information that you submitted it seems that you had a typical ultrasound procedure which has demonstrated normal ovaries with some follicles. Follicle formation is a normal process which the ovaries go through during your lifespan. A mature follicle is essentially an equivalent to a mature egg. These are released into the fallopian tube and travel to the uterus where they may be fertilized by a sperm.

From the report you submitted there is no evidence of any active pregnancy. A pregnancy would be demonstrated by findings within the uterus.

If you are concerned that you may be pregnant I encourage you to obtain a urine pregnancy test. I also encourage you to discuss the findings of the ultrasound with your response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert