Lactating mother having numbness in feet and legs at night. Could this be due to exhaustion and vitamin deficiency?

Hi. I am a breast feeding mum of a 10 week very hungry, 8kg baby. I am getting a numbness in my feet and lower legs at night. This feels different to the 'restless legs' I had during pregnancy which I took magnesium vitamins. Is this numbness also a vitamin deficiency and exhaustion? Should I consult a GP? Best regards
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. During pregnancy it is possible to have these symptoms due to pressure effect. However, if it persists after delivery of child it is possibly due to vitamin or mineral defiency. Folate, B12 levels can be assessed and appropriate supplementation started after consulting a physician. Wish you good health.
Dr Sundar