Lab work show high calcium level and low vitamin D level. Diagnosed with subtle nodular focus at lower pole thyroid. Taking supplements help?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my lab work shows I have a high calcium level and a low vitamin D level I have been diagnosed with a very subtle nodular focus of activity corresponding with the let lower pole thyroid tat persists. I am 85 years old. rather than surgery would refraining from taking any calciium supplements but taking Vitamin D3 with K2 be helpful?
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take Vit D3 with K2

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Yes you can take VitaminD 3 with vit K2.
Beyond its role of vitamin k2 in blood clotting, recent research has revealed that vitamin K also plays a vital role in maintaining healthy bones and arteries by keeping calcium in the bones and out of the arteries.
Unfortunately, the recommended dietary intake of vitamin K required for blood clot regulation is much lower than that required for optimal bone and arterial health.

So you can start Vitamin D3 5000 IU daily with K2 200 IU.
You may need to repeat lab reports after 3 months to see for levels.
Exposure to sun improves vit D production.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.