Kidney stones formed due to blood pressure medicine removed. Body pain now. Is that related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had kidney stones in both kidneys removed at the beginning of January. They were made up of my blood pressure medicine which has now been replaced with a different med. Now my body aches all over sometimes and I wonder if that is related?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Generalized body ache almost one and a half months after a renal stone removal is not likely to be related to the renal stone removal.
Usually, such pains are commonly due to the muscles and joints. Aches and pains are common during viral infections, such as colds. Generalized aches and pains are one of the most common symptoms of influenza. Additional common causes for aches and pains include exercise, stress, depression, and drug side effects.
Treatment for generalized aches and pains depends on the underlying cause. Treatment may include acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, warm baths, and massage. Getting a physical examination done at your primary physician may be helpful in finding out the exact cause and help in specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.