Joint pain, swelling in fingers, fatigue, had miscarriage. Explanation?

i had a miscarriage about 3 weeks ago. I have been having joint pain and slight swelling especially in my fingers and fatigue like I have never experienced before. What could be some explanations for this? Also I have had trouble sleeping though I'm exhausted and some light abdominal pain which feels like it could be constipation. I'm also nauseous. I don't feel like myself at all.
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
The joint pains and swelling that you are having along with fatigue is not likely to be related to the miscarriage you had.
These symptoms are often found in vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.