Itchy brown bumps on shoulder started spreading all over. Could it be warts?

Hi, 3 years ago I had this one dark brown bumps on my back top shoulder. It itch here and there. Now it spreading over my left and right shoulders. It's pretty itchy too now. I'm curious what is it and also how can I cure it. I'm afraid I won't be able to stop the spreads. It's hard too. I had thought it might be a warts but I only know warts begins from the hands and feets.
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 35 minutes later
From the description it could be anything- a wart or seborrheic keratosis or a nevi.
I would be in better position to answer if you could upload a high resolution image of the concerned area.

Hoping to hear from you soon.
Follow-up: Itchy brown bumps on shoulder started spreading all over. Could it be warts? 1 hour later
This may be my last question,but I have upload the picture. It's dark brown. It doesn't go away either. It's spreading like it's contagious but slowly. It itches too, now. It's hard, but when I press or pinch it really hard, it does not feel pain. I have use this treatment called Compound W Freeze off, a few days ago so now the outer lining of the dark bumps is a little darker. I don't know if it is going away. Please give me a really reasonable answer to my question. It has been 3 years and it's not disappearing. Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for uploading the image.
The raised itchy bumps that you are having are KELOIDS.
To treat the same
Bigger lesions need cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen followed by intralesional injection of steroids. These will require few sessions of the same.
Smaller evolving lesions may respond to at home application of silicone gel sheets or contractubex gel
For itching you may take tablet cetirizine.

As your lesions are getting bigger, I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist nearby to start treatment.

Hope that answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: Itchy brown bumps on shoulder started spreading all over. Could it be warts? 22 hours later
Those medication, treatment do they work effectively? I really want to get rid of it. I have been looking up for reviews on it there are a lot of bads and not so good reviews. I want to know from your statement. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Cryo and intralesional steroids if done properly, will relieve itching and flatten the lesions. However slight atrophy and change in pigmentation may occur. When intralesional 5 fluorouracil is given with steroid, results are much better and it reduces the chances of atrophy and pigmentary change to some extent. But any day such changes are cosmetically more acceptable than keloid lesions itself.

Hope that helps.