Itching sensation during urination, ulcer type projection. What could be the reason?

This is regarding a problem my mother has been facing since a week now. She was having itching sensation during urination. Now small ulcer type projections are seen and they hurt during urination. What could be the problem and what is the treatment
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 29 minutes later

Your mother is probably suffering from urinary tract infection which could be in the form of urethritis (inflammation of urethra).This will present with burning urination and and pain abdomen.Such type of infection is very common in females specially in the age group your mother is in.This is very common and not serious.

Urinary tract infection can be treated by antibiotics for that you may have to take her to general physician nearing you.Meanwhile I suggest her to drink water optimally.Drinking Cranberry juice 200ml daily will prevent the progress of the infection and also prevent infection in future.

Syp Citralka 10ml in 100ml water taken twice daily will reduce burning sensation during urination.For complete cure antibiotics are essential.Hence, I recommend her visit to the GP.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.