Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching inside the penis, frequent urge for urination. No pain and discharge. Reason?

I am 28 years old, 5'11, 185 lbs, overall very healthy, no serious medical issues in my past. One sexual partner (unprotected). I have had itching on the inside of my penis shaft, and have felt the urge to urinate fairly often, but not much came out when I went. It was not painful when I urinated, but felt a little warm sensation. No abnormal discharge that I could see.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 44 minutes later

The symptoms are suggestive of some issue with urinary tract, may be infection or some local infection on your private parts.

Since you are with one partner, the chances of STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) are less.

The best that you can do is visiting your urine examination done.

After examination if any other test to rule out STDs is required he will guide you.

Apart from this in few cases stone in lower urine tract can give rise to similar complaints. For this you may need an ultrasound examination to confirm this.

In mean time please try following,

Drink plenty of fluids
Do not hold urine for long time
Take light diet
You can have over the counter urine alkalizer to relieve symptoms.

In case of infection you may need of a course of antibiotics.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.