Ask a Urologist   »  

Itching inside penis, white discharge after peeing. Urine test normal. Using candid solution. Safe remedy?

Have an itch inside the penis. There is a sudden attack of itching from inside. Its itchy throughout the urinary track of penis or at times it is only a centimetre from the tip. When this happens I have the urge to pee. I have noticed a very small quantity of white discharge after peeing. This does not happen every time, for example I did not have problem for the whole day but it started after dinner. I have been checked for sugar which came negative. Urine test has come negative. Consulted my family doc he has prescribed levocitrazine twice daily, candid solution to be applied in the urethra opening. He has also prescribed flucos-150mg twice a week. This all started a week ago only. Please help I am worried.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Hello dear,
thanks for the detailed history.

Probably You are suffering from candidiasis.

Itch inside urethra and slight discharge is common in this.

Your doctor has thought correctly and has alreday started you on anti fungal.

However, this can even be a bacterial infection like gonorrhoea.

This need to be confirmed by making a slide from your discharge.

Ask your doctor to this.

If not possible, then ask him to give you an antibiotic like, azithromycin also, along with anti fungals.

This is what we call as syndromic approach.

Hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask, if you have any further doubts.

Thank you.