Itching, dehydration, bed sores. had pacemaker and prostrate operation. on doxobid, dexorange, lupidbose medication. Cause for itching ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having lot of itching may be due to dehydration/bed/pressure sours. This subsided after hospitalization. But after my discharged after implanting pacemaker and prostate operation on 13th inst. The itching continues and therefore I was asked to dis continue Doxobid (200mg) and Dexorange Syp. 10 mg. I continue to use Lupidbose 62.5 mg. 1-0-1, Dytor 10 mg. 1-1-0 and Thyronorm 75 mg. 1-0-0 in the morning. PLEASE ADVISE. I am using Alegra in emergency.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The itching which has not improved after stopping Doxobid and Dexorange might be due to dehydration. The other causes that need to be considered are thyroid disturbances or eczema.
You need to get your thyroid profile done under your physician's guidance.
Meanwhile for relief you can take non-sedating antihistamines after getting them prescribed from your doctor.

Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids taken for short periods (one to three days) might help to settle more severe symptoms. You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.