Itching and burning in mouth after kiss. Why are there blisters? Why are my lips swollen?

Hi , i kissed a girl yesterday , and after few hours i started feeling itching and burning sensation inside my mouth, there are very few small blisters inside my mouth were there as well. now i also feel some swelling of my upper lips inside my mouth and is paining .... i too felt some blood like taste after i did several rounds of rinsing of my mouth...what should i do ?
Posted Wed, 30 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
From your description it seems that you have contacted oral herpes infection. Itching, burning and multiple small blisters are suggestive of an oral herpes infection.
Oral herpes can be transmitted by kissing the infected individual , by sharing the articles like cigarette,towels,tumbler,touch etc.
You may consult a dermatologist or Sexually transmitted disease specialist for proper treatment. Medical treatment is available and full cure is possible with treatment.
Till then avoid sharing food or towels to avoid further spread of disease.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Itching and burning in mouth after kiss. Why are there blisters? Why are my lips swollen? 3 hours later
Can it be cured completely ??
Is it XXXXXXX for my health ??
Will it affect my future , if i kiss and have sex with my partner ??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
It can be cured with medication. There are no long term complications if complete treatment is taken.
You will have to avoid having sex with your partner till you are fully cured.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.