Is white blob from vagina a sign of early miscarriage?

May 2013
while sitting on the toilet after urinating I passed a small blob (white) size of pea or a blueberry. I felt it just slide out of me (vagina). There was no blood or pink to tissue just white in color. Could this be a very early miscarriage ? Possibly it never imbedded in the uterus and was just passed. Possibly shortly after conception ? No blood or pink on toilet paper or in toilet. If I was pregnant it was never confirmed and I never even knew I was--no symptoms.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of miscarriage is less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. It is rare to pass products of conception without accompanying blood and/or endometrial tissue. According to your description I suppose, the tissue you mentioned could be a bit of hymen. Sometimes bits of hymen remain even after delivery. These are called carunculae myritiformis. And they can come out occasionally. Other possibility is thick vaginal discharge. If you still have doubt regarding pregnancy, once go for blood test for pregnancy. If blood test shows beta hcg levels above 25, there is possibility of miscarriage. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Is white blob from vagina a sign of early miscarriage? 14 minutes later
Does the early products of conception look like a small ball/blob if passing ?? All I know is that I remember this just sliding right out. Never had this happen before or after. I have read online a few women who passed small white blobs or tissue or a small white beady tissue . At this very early stage is this what a ?? would look like with a tiny dot inside as the embryo or is this ball the clump of cells that implant in the uterus. This tissue ball I believe was opaque in color. Thank you for your time. I read online tht a woman expelled a small ruptured ball white with 3 red dots inside it. That is why I question. Also if mine was and did not implant could it be non bloody or pink spotted. Could this be uterine tissue. Like I said it is too late to test. In hindsight I just just questioning. Also could this be such an early possible miscarriage due to ?? All my other pregnancies were perfect.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX seed size at 4 weeks of gestation Detailed Answer: Hi, At 2 weeks of gestational age the size of the tissue will be around 0.1 to 0.2mm. At 4 weeks the embryo will be in size of XXXXXXX seed. So it is difficult to demarcate the structures in that small sized tissue. And it is difficult to notice it's passage also. As you told it is difficult to prove the possibility of miscarriage now. The women you mentioned might have passed embryo with advanced gestational age or might have interpreted some other thing as embryo. One possibility is, in case of irregular periods and wrong calculation of last menstrual period there is possibility of passing a embryo with larger size. But in that case also usually endometrial tissue and blood accompany the products of conception. Take care.
Follow-up: Is white blob from vagina a sign of early miscarriage? 27 minutes later
Are you saying at the above time frames you would be passing the above that are so small that you could not visualize since the size of a XXXXXXX seed?? What color would this be ?? Could I be wrong and passed this at 4-6 weeks (LMP) and saw this white round blob in this time frame. Would this be white in color then?? Opaque?? Once again thank-you.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 hours later
Brief Answer: at 4 to 6 weeks 0.5cm to 1cm Detailed Answer: Hi, Because of small size of embryo it is difficult to notice before 2 to 3 weeks of gestational age that too without blood and tissue. At 4 to 6 weeks, the size of the embryo could be between 0.5cm to 1cm. At this gestational age possibly the embryo can be seen with naked eye. But usually this stage embryo will come out with blood and tissue. The color could vary from grayish-white to pink. The embryo will be opaque but surrounding layers may look transparent. But because of accompanying blood and tissue, it may look like reddish tissue sometimes. Take care.