Is there still a risk of positive HIV if all related tests come negative?

HIV AIDS Specialist
This is XXXX again. A short brief, unprotected insertive vaginal sex with CSW. I have tested HIV 1/2 with P24 CMIA combo duo screeing on day 17 which was negative and asked you query about that. Thank you so much, really appreciated. As per your advice, again tested HIV 1/2 with P24 CMIA combo duo screeing on day 30 and it was non reactive. Again tested with rapid immunochromatography on day 33 after exposure and it came negative too.
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 9 hours later
Brief Answer: You conclusively HIVfree.Stick to safesex in futur Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back to XXXXXXX As per CDC,Atlanta the risk of penetrative vaginal sex is just 5/10000 exposures. Likewise nearly 30-40% of spouses of HIV positive people remain HIV free in spite of their prolonged and consistent sex for years together before being diagnosed as HIV positive. These uninfected spouse with their positive are called as Sero-Discordant couple. So all exposures are not necessarily infectious. Fortunately you are also uninfected with HIV in spite of your unprotected exposure. This is confirmed by your HIV CMIA Combo test done after 30 days. It is a conclusive result. No further test is necessary. I am really happy to hear about your results and I congratulate you. But I would like to suggest you that hereafter don't take the risk of Unprotected sex. Always stick to safe sex. Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Is there still a risk of positive HIV if all related tests come negative? 13 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your reply. Today I got the result of HIV-1 RNA Real Time PCR using Cobas Amliprep & Taqman which says target not detected with comment "sample does not contain HIV-1 RNA". This test was 30 days of my exposure. Do you suggest me that my HIV test is conclusive using HIV 1/2 with P24 combo and HIV-1 RNA test on 30 days of exposure and both are negative. I have another rapid test at 33 days which is negative. Can I now move on......definitely promise on my sole and heart will never engage any kind of such activity except my future wife. Thank you so much, much appreciated......
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Realtime RNA PCR additional confirmation. HIV free Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX once again. You already proved HIV free by the HIV 1/2 with P24 Antigen Combo test negative. Now the negative Real time RNA PCR is an extra confirmation. Just forget HIV in your life and the past high risk exposure. Begin your new life as if you have born new. Best wishes. Dr S XXXXXXX