Is there anyway to check ovulation without using the OPKs ?

I am trying to get pregnant. I want to know if I ovulated this month already. Is there anyway I can tell without using the OPKs? They are too confusing to me. I think my LH is high due to the fact that I have mild PCOS. Also I have tried temping and I have a hard time interpreting those results as well. Sometimes I do ovulate late in my cycle like on cycle day 30!
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Till date ovulation kits are the best and most accurate way of knowing the time of ovulation. The cycles of more than 35 days duration are mostly anovulatory cycles. All the methods that are used to detect ovulation they only predict the approximate time when the ovulation will occur. None of these methods can tell for sure that ovulation has already taken place.
Even if we opt for blood hormonal levels, they need to be compared with the levels early in the cycle.The high level of LH does not suggest ovulation rather it is the rising levels that are suggestive of ovulation.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.