Is there any supplement that helps to increase sperm count?

Infertility Specialist
Hello Doctor,

I have a question related to Family planning, I am 31 years of old and married 3 years ago. We are now in process of our baby planning but since last 3 months could not get sucess. Could you guide us what is the best way to further act ? Is their any suppliment for Vitamine or Zinc help in increase sperm count ? Please give us your feedback.

Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
more details please

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX let me knkw following before i give detail answer. Age of your wife and whether cycles are regular, any tests done including semen analysis which needs to be improved. Just having medicines or vitamins is not solution. So please let me know above details after which i will give detailed plan. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Is there any supplement that helps to increase sperm count? 4 hours later
Hello Doctor,

My wife is having 28 years and she has regualar period till last month.

We have not done any test till date.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Semen Analysis

Detailed Answer:

Since you have been trying for last 3 months only, it is very early to prescribe any medicine or treatment. Because according to science you have to try for 1 year before any treatment is required.

However, Since you want it early, you can get basic test. Your wife is also only 28 year old and having regular periods, as of now I advice you to get a semen analysis test done in a reputed laboratory in your city.

Semen analysis tells about about sperm count and other problems if you have any in your semen which is important and first step to diagnose and treat the abnormalities in relation to male factors.

If it is normal you can try to have intercourse around ovulation phase of your wife that is 14 days before next cycle. So you need to have intercourse from day 12 to day 17.

If you want to confirm ovulation ( egg release) do a test with i-sure which predicts ovulation and you can have intercourse during those days for maximum success.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist