Is there any relation between food stuck in throat and hydroquinone cream?

Hi-for the past 6 months or so my throat has been feeling like some small pieces of food is stuck in it( only on the right side). Its not painful its just uncomfortable. I also dont have a sour throat. In april of last yr i got burnt on my neck while doing a chemical peel at a spa. My dermatologist prescribed hydroquinone and cortisone cream. The right side was burnt very badly. I still use the hydroquinone for the hyperpigmentation and occassionally use the cortisone cream. Im not sure if using these cream is casing this. When i rinse my mouth with warm water and salt within a couple of hours the particles in my throught break down. When i at look at my throat in the mirror i clearly see the area .. Its a milky white spot.but when i rinse my mouth of it looks like food. I went to my PCP, and he told my its the food that im eating. He said its not a bacteria or virus. Im concerned. This is very uncomfortable. Plus ive been eating the same type of food. Fyi.. The spots ( only 2 ) occur around the same area on the right side of my throat Please advice.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Due to ulcer or fungal infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The feeling of food stuck in the throat that you are having is not related to the hydroquinone or cortisone cream that you are using. It is more likely to be due to an ulcer over the base of the tongue or a candid infection (also called as Oral thrush). Both of these conditions present with difficulty in swallowing. An ulcer with the slough over the floor of the ulcer can look like a white patch. Similarly, even candid infection can also present as a white patch with the above mentioned signs and symptoms. Hence, you require a thorough examination of the throat by an apt ENT specialist followed by telescopic laryngoscopy. Secondly, avoid any medicines like, aspirin and antihistaminic, the former will induce gastritis and the latter one will cause dryness of the throat leading to worsening of the symptoms. I would suggest you to drink plenty of warm water, as it improves the blood circulation and reduces the inflammation. If it is only an ulcer, then you might require steroids to reduce the inflammation and Vitamin B-complex to help in faster healing of the ulcer. And, if it turns out to be a candid infection then you will require antifungal medicines. Finally, malignancy cannot be ruled out, which has to be confirmed by laryngoscopic examination and biopsy if required. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL