Is there any need to clean bathroom repeatedly to maintain hygiene?

Jan 2013

Good Evening here i am using soap three times in single bath after bath i am cleaning my bathoom walls & toilet by soap water then again i am using soap tell me when you work in office or out side the dirty things come to your head ,hand & body is that clean after single time use at the time bath is sufficient & tell there is any need to clean bathroom & toilet what water drops on wall & toilet from my body at the time of bath & tell how the dirty things will clear from bathroom ,toilet & body ,is on time rub soap is sufficiant & daily i am washing head three times applying soap.
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

As such there in need to wash head, bathroom walls & toilet and hands repetitively.
You are suffering from Obsessive compulsive disorder, a neurotic psychiatric disorder.

Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry; repetitive behaviors helps in reducing the associated anxiety.
Mentioned repetitive behavior is common type of obsession.
OCD sufferers generally recognize their obsessions and compulsions as irrational, and may become further distressed by this realization.
Obsessions are thoughts that recur and persist despite efforts to ignore them.
All these behavior is due to neurotransmitter imbalance at neuronal level.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ psychiatrist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for proper counsellings with your treating doctor.
Your treatment includes behavioral therapy and medicines.
You have to take selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) for getting relief.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Is there any need to clean bathroom repeatedly to maintain hygiene? 16 hours later
Can you clear using one time soap is sufficeint & daily not to wash bathroom after bathing which your bathing water drops wall & toilet daily washin heads is ok or there may be some problem
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 6 hours later
!00% germs clearance is not possible with each & every effort.
Still one time soap application is sufficient for clearance of head and body and there is no need of repetitive washing of bathroom walls and toilet.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava