Is there any drug interaction between isotrotenoin and cephalexim?

My sister has acne problem since many years. One dermatologist has prescribed her to take Isotrotenoin for acne problem. same time she had problem of swelling on her hand, another consultant has prescribed cephalexim antibiotic . Is it safe to take isotrotenoin & cephalexim at a time? Any drug interaction?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: She may take both medicines at a time. Detailed Answer: Hi, Acne vulgaris is a chronic skin disease occuring with relapses. It requests long term treatment. Swelling on her hand may be infection as her doctor gave cephalaxine. She may take isotretinoin along with antibiotics...Cephalxine..ok. As Acne is chronic disease, she should take isotretinoin in low dose for few months along with minocycline 50 mg. I hope you got my answer. Still, any may answer. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD