Is there a risk of pulmonary fibrosis from smelling gasoline?
User rating for this question
Can you get PF from smelling gasoline all the time at work? How bad is it going to get and how fast if you keep working?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: COPD emphisema worsens from smelling gasoline-PF Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to have mild COPD emphisema. Smelling gasoline all the time at work would worsen COPD leading to PF (either pulmonary fibrosis or failure). The longer your keep working with gasoline, the faster and the worst PF would become. However, it will depend on your general health state and/or other diseases or conditions you might be suffering. I'd suggest to: - breathe fresh air when finishing work (mountain air is the best) - open windows at your home to get fresh air inside home - get medications as prescribed by your doctor - if possible, can change work place All the best! Dr.Benard Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
People also viewed
- Nausea low body temperature
- Is hematoma caused due to lovenox
- What causes chronic rhinitis and post nasal drip
- Red spot near urethra
- Pulmonary fibrosis mucus problem
- Nerves behind the ear running down the arm
- Night sweats in 73 year old female
- Does fibroids affect the thickness of endometrial lining
- Is there a risk of pulmonary fibrosis from smelling gasoline
- Pulmonary fibrosis pain
- Treatment for recurring scalp psoriasis
- What causes neck and axillary swelling
- Dla for pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary fibrosis and burping
- My sons side hurts when he coughs