Is there a home remedy to remove the air bubble in my vein due to IV drug abuse ?

there is an obvious air bubble in my vein from iv drug use. my heart beat is irregular and my transverse jugular in enlarged. my esophagus is numb or feels tight. how can i quickly remove these problems without going to the er? it is almost as if the bubble has gotten bigger. Im a little scared.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 23 minutes later
Hi Melvee,

It would be better to get examined primarily by a deaddiction specialist for addiction related issues, even if it is not your query.

Intravenous drug abuse is risky and may be life threatening including HIV and other complications.

How do you know that there is a bubble in one of your veins and is increasing in size as it can not be felt from outside and presents with symptoms like breathlessness, sweating, palpitations etc.. and has to be investigated through venous study like doppler.

If you have seen a doctor and got investigations done, I would like to know the advise by the doctor and the investigations reports as this will help me in suggesting you better.

"My heart beat is irregular and my transverse jugular in enlarged. My esophagus is numb or feels tight" ==I feel that these are just your assumptions, but need to be confirmed by a detailed examination and evaluation.

Please write back the investigation reports and the advise of the doctor, if visited and advise to stop abusing drugs.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.