Is there a cure for Hepatitis C?
User rating for this question
is there a cure for the European strain of Hep "C". I have a friend that says they took chemo, and is now cured...... also can it be passed on sexually ? I need a answer very quick. as my daughter is considering having sex with this person, and I am to the point where I do not think I can stop it. Please reply mow. I am very worried
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: 45 - 50% cure rate. less commonly sexually transmi Detailed Answer: Hello, Only 45 to 50 percent of people can be cured after treatment with peg-interferon and ribavirin for 48 weeks. But other hepatitis C type 2 or 3 respond well to treatment and have the cure percentage of 80 to 90 percent after treatment. There is also no vaccine for hepatitis C. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Burst capillary in glans
- Can lung cancer be misdiagnosed
- Red crack midline butt
- Lung cancer liver metastasis prognosis
- Liver cancer and lymph nodes
- Does lung cancer hurt
- Treatment and cure for chronic hepatitis c
- Treatment and cure for hepatitis c
- Stages of terminal liver cancer
- Folliculitis decalvans vitamin c
- Can you cure hepatitis c
- Can olysio cure hepatitis c?
- Can clarithromycin cure bv
- Natural cures for hepatitis c
- Burping side effect penicillin