Is the thick mole inside my belly button an indication of cancer ?

Question
Hi, I am pregnant and recently discovered a big mole inside my belly button and was worried. The mole is thick with a dark brown layer on top and broken. Looks almost like a crust but it's not.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Skin Cancer

Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 16 hours later
Hi Elinor,

I am Dr.Vidya, please find below the answer for your query by our specialist Dr.Krueger.

The big mole on your umbilicus (belly button) warrants an immediate examination. Since you have a history of uterine and breast cancer,you must not delay in getting yourself examined by an Obstetrician or a Dermatologist.Pregnancy must not interrupt you in seeing a doctor now.

Since this warrants an examination ,I will not be able to point out on the diagnosis.
The examination will determine whether it needs to be biopsied or surgically removed.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well.

Dr. Krueger