Is the progesterone value of 13.77ng /ml is normal for conception?

Excellent
Question
Hi, 21st day progesterone is 13.77ng /ml and my periods are almost regular-30 days . Is this a normal value if planning for pregnancy? If not, what shud be the ideal value for a successful conception and the possible treatment for this?
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Your progesterone Value is normal. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Your 21 day progesterone value is absolutely NORMAL for sustaining pregnancy. I don't think any need for treatment. As your period is also normal, it suggests there is normal ovulation and normal endometiral growth. If you are planning for pregnancy, kindly figure out any Other reasons like fallopian tube problems and also get a semen analysis of your husband. For getting pregnant there should be normal ovulation, normal patent fallopian tube and normal semen parameters. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Is the progesterone value of 13.77ng /ml is normal for conception? 25 minutes later
Thanks much for ur reply, this helps me a lot! I have couple more points to let u know in this regard. 1. My husband has got semen analysis done and its perfectly fine 2. My age is 26 and am trying to conceive since almost 10 months 3. I met a gynec here n she has advised to take Siphene 100mg tablets saying mine is weak ovulation .I did so for one month n it didn't work either. Instead I had side effects like vaginal dryness, hot flashes. Somehow I am feeling that my pbm is not with ovulation its something else maybe tube pbm as u said Considering all these am thinking it's better to go for HSG rather than taking such ovulation inducing tabs. Please help me with your inputs.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you need HSG. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, I totally agree with you regarding the tubal evaluation, you can undergo HSG for checking tubal patency. And regarding Siphene it is clomiphene used for ovulation induction, its one of the side effect is it inhibits oestrogen, hence you are having vaginal dryness and other symptoms. What I suggest you is after getting the HSG report, if it is normal go for ovulation induction with clomiphene, but along with that we give oestrogen supplementation to build up the endometrium. From this combination you might not have anti-oestrogenic side effects. Kindly do not take stress, it is just 10 months of your married life. Even stress can be a big factor for infetility. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!