Is the Azogen an antibiotic drug?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
is the drug Azogen an antibiotic? I am taking Azogen for a UTI. Is it an antibiotic or just a pain reliever? If it is not an antibiotic do I need to start an antibiotic? I am on vacation in mexico and have no access to a Dr....
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is an antibiotic. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Azogen is an antibiotic used for treating UTIs. It is commonly used in Mexico. I suggest you continue to take it and if your symptoms persist, see a doctor at the earliest opportunity. Also, drink plenty of water. This will avoid dehydration. If you are experiencing pain, paracetamol will help. Avoid non-steroidals for pain as these can affect kidney function. I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB FRCA