Is septilin safe to take?

I have constant cold with running nose. I cant eat cold fruits or anything that is cold. I have been advised by a physician to take steam bath and 1 tab of Septilin from Himalaya Ayurvedic in order to enhance my immunity system. Just wanted to check if this is genuine medicine without any side effects and will it require medication for 5-6 months. Also, should I go for an ENT check-up to see specific ailment like sinus, allergy or something? Thanks, Abhishek
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ayurvedic preparation Detailed Answer: Hi, You seem to be allergic to cold. The only way to avoid the symptoms that bother is to prevent the exposure to cold. There seems no definite way to prevent these symptoms without cold exposure. As far as septillin is concerned it is an ayurvedic medicine and it can be taken safely. However the effectiveness of the medicine is not guarantee for your problem. I am still not sure about the duration of the course generally long enough for months. Steam bath is proven useful if you have blocked nose. Hope this helps.