Is rotator cuff surgery performed when suffering from cold?

May 2014

I am supposed to have rotator cuff surgery on XXXXXXX 15th. Right now I feel like I may be getting a head cold. Will they still do the surgery if I have a cold. {without a fever} Of course you know I will be under general anesthesia
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. There is a likelihood of your surgery getting deferred if you develop a chest cold associated with cough. In general anesthesia procedure intubation is done. If there is cough, there might be complications which need to be avoided. If its just a headache without fever then there is no likelihood of any severe complications. A chest X ray and routine blood checks will be done before surgery. Wishing you good health and quick recovery after surgery. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek