Is red dry spot on forehead due to syphilis?

I have received massage 5-6 times over the last 6 months. No sex, just massage but I think a few of the places may offer more... Recently, My partner got sick with flu like symptoms and a body rash. Dr. said it was a viral thing. I recently noticed a flat, round, red dry spot on my forehead (just above my eyebrow). Is it possible I could have contracted syphilis/std through massage if the therapist had a sore on her hand and if I had a pimple or small cut/scratch? Is it true that with syphilis, the sore that you get is where the bug entered your body?
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. There is a possibility of spread of syphilis, in the way mentioned by you. However it is very rare as syphilis almost always effects the genital mucosa first. Another thing is the type of lesion. syphilis always presents with a painless ulcer initially and then there can be any type of rash after 1 or 2 years. In my view you dont have syphilis. However it is worthwhile to rule it out by doing tests like VDRL and TPHA. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: Is red dry spot on forehead due to syphilis? 35 minutes later
I had RPR and FTA abs at about 3/4 weeks after last massage. Both were nonreactive. Would that be conclusive or do I need to go back again to test? Also, Does the painless ulcer you mention always appear where the syphilis bug entered your body? Does it appear dry and flat or is it an open sore?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. FTA abs is highly sensitive. if it is negative you can be assured that you don't have syphilis. The ulcer is always open and painless. Let me know if you have any type of doubts. Thank you