Is pregnancy possible with sperm count 1.5 ml and 55% motility?

Hi i have done my sperm count last month..sperm count-1.5 ml, sperm vitality-80%, motility-55, sperm morphology-80%...When can I become a father? How much time treatment will take?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

1. The normal volume of semen is more than 1 ml.
2. The liquefaction of the semen should occur in 10 to 30 minutes.
3. pH should be alkaline(between 7.2 and 7.8).
4. Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 10 million. 5. 5. Motility is the movement of the sperms and in sample at least 50% of the sperms should be motile from which at least 20% of the sperms should progress rapidly.
6. Pus cells can vary and 5 or 6 are normal in a sample.

Now analysing your report:- "Although the information that you have provided seems to be incomplete, still your report is almost normal and reproductive capability is present".

Conceiving depend on many factors which includes fertility status of your wife, intercourse during ovulation, compatibility of vaginal mucosa for sperm motility, etc. Even if all the factors are normal and favorable it takes around 6-8 months to conceive.

Some suggestions for you to increase the sperm health:
1) Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes, oysters as they help in increasing sperm count.
2) Take a Zinc, selenium, l-carnitine, vitamins C and E supplementation once daily for few months.
3) Abstain from smoking and alcohol.
4) Do some form of exercise daily.
5) Avoid stress and practice meditation.

Consider visiting an Infertility Specialist for thorough evaluation if you been facing fertility problems .

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up if any.

Follow-up: Is pregnancy possible with sperm count 1.5 ml and 55% motility? 25 hours later
My detailed report of sperm analysis, plz tell me can i be a father, and if it is treatable? I M worried plz suggest me asap.

Physical examination
volume 3.7ml, color grayish white, qualification within 30 minutes, viscosity normal

chemical examination
Reaction alkaline, fructose normal.

Sperm count & vitality
Sperm count 1.50, per ejacuate- 5.55ml, Vitality 80%

Grade A=0, Grade B= 55%, Grade C= 15% Grade D= 30%

Sperm morphology
Normal =80%, abnormal head=10%, Abnormal Tail=5% abnormal neck 5%

other findings
Immature germ cell present, pus cell 2-4/hpf
debris= absent, aggutination absent, red blood cells occational.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

I presume the sperm count 1.50 means 1.5 million. The sperm count is slightly decreased.

55% grade B motility is also acceptable.

Sperm morphology is normal and there is nothing to worry.

The sperm count is not so low as to prevent you from becoming a father. You can become a father by taking some supplements for increasing sperm counts for at least three months continuously. You can get these prescribed from an infertility specialist.

Hope I have answered your query.