Is pregnancy possible after non-penetrative sex?

Hello I and my partner tried to have sex for the first time on 4 th of January 2014her period got over on 1 st January 2014.I was not wearing condom and tried to penetrate but could not I ejaculated near vagina Now her period are delayed as per her expected date was 24 to 26 January 2014 What is the possibility of pregnancy is trying to penetrate can also cause pregnancy Please suggest
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need to test Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX Since you did not penetrate and ejaculate near vagina, the chances of being pregnant are low. But it is not sure. So she needs to get pregnancy test done. Pregnancy tests are of two types- urine and blood. Urine pregnancy test kits are available at most pharmacies and can be tested for pregnancy at the convenience of home. Blood pregnancy test is more conclusive and is done at the laboratory. Next course of treatment can be decided after ruling out pregnancy. Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee