Is pleural effusion infectious. Can I marry a man suffering from this?

Is pleural effusion infectious.. can i marry a man suffering from pleural effusion?
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Guru 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infectious or not depends on it's cause

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Pleural effusion itself is not a disease but it is the presentation or rather effect caused by many other diseases.

Pleural effusion can be caused by a variety of conditions like Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Autoimmune disease, lung cancer, Heart failure, Pulmonary embolism, Cirrhosis and few more. Out of these only few like Pneumonia, Tuberculosis etc are infectious. So, I mean to say that it depends on cause. If appropriately treated pleural effusion can be easily managed. Try to discuss the cause with a Pulmonologist and decide.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.