Is pain in my knees due to salomenelle typhi ?

Question
i HAVE SALOMENELLE TYPHI AND AM TAKING AXACEF, STILL FEELING BAD BUT NOW I CANNOT SLEEP WITH THE PAINS IN MY KNEES, I AM LIVING IN GHANA, WEST AFRICA AND I AM IRISH, FEMALE 41 YEARS OLD... NEVER SICK THIS BEFORE AND I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 4 YEARS
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 12 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Typhoid caused by salmonella typhi is a infection that can cause severe debility and weakness.

Proper treatment requires antibiotics that the bacteria is sensitive to.

To help you accordingly, I would like to know a few details.

1. Since how long have you had the symptoms?

2. Are you taking any medications for the pain?

3. Do you have any other associated complaints or issues ?

4. Were any tests done to know the progress of your infection, I mean blood and stool cultures ?

5. Any other tests like liver function tests, or a liver ultrasound has been done ?

Please provide the additional details and I shall provide specific advice to clear your doubts.

I shall be waiting for your response, eagerly.

Regards.