Is pain in anus during ejaculation normal after perennial abscess surgery?

General Surgeon
Question
I had perianal abscess surgery but after that i experience pain in anus during ejaculation
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: To rule out residual abscess and urine infection Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX Pain during ejaculation or Any activity which increases pelvic pressure may cause pain while ejaculation if there is residual abscess. I would suggest you the following 1. Thorough examination by your operating surgeon to rule out residual abscess or communication of the opening of abscess with rectum(Fistula in ano). 2. Urine Microscopic examination to rule out urinary tract infection. If the above two things are done , and causes ruled out. I see no reason for concern. Unless would also advise you Hot Seitz bath - Adding a hand full of common table salt to a small tub of water and sitting in it for fifteen minutes every session , twice a day will help relieve the perineal spasm and provide the much needed relief. I hope it helped In case you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Surgeon

Follow-up: Is pain in anus during ejaculation normal after perennial abscess surgery? 19 hours later
But I got operated 4 weeks back still the pain is there surgeon is saying that is common but not sure how long this would stay back. is it common to have pain around anal area even after 4 weeks after operation. Just 15 days before to anal abscess I had the appendix as well. I am totally worried that if it really takes so long to come back to normal

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rule out urinary tract infection Detailed Answer: Greetings Dear Mr XXXXXXX Taking hot Seitz bath will definitely relieve you of pelvic spasm and painful ejaculation. The duration of recovery varies from person to person sometimes even needing 2 to 3 months. If urinary tract infection and residual abscess/fistula are ruled out, I see no cause for concern. stress and anxiety also precipitates pelvis spasm leading on to painful ejaculation. Do get back to me if you have any other query will be glad to assist you Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore